The Advent season is an opportunity to celebrate and reflect on the birth of Jesus. It’s also an opportunity to set aside time for some intentional conversations with our families, especially with our kids. Our desire for this weekly family devotional is to give you an accessible resource and a tool to help create some meaningful moments at home.
Here’s what you’ll find each week:
- Passages from Scripture to read together. If you have older kids at home, have them read the passages to everyone.
- Questions and ideas for discussion to reflect together. Please feel free to lead the discussion however you feel is best for your family.
- Prayer points to respond together. Encourage everyone in your family to participate and remind them that God hears all of our prayers, even though we might not know exactly what to say.
- Suggested family activities to help you cultivate more time together. Have everyone involved in these activities or in planning other activities you’d like to do.
You’ll also find “Big Picture Questions” each week that will help to reinforce the truths that our elementary kids have been learning this year. Here are some of those questions:
- Who is God? God is our creator and king
- Does God keep his promises? God always keeps his promises because he is faithful.
- Is there anything God cannot do? God can do all things
We would encourage you to spend these next few days planning a consistent time to gather with your family each week. The first family devotional will be posted later this week and each of the next week’s devotionals will be posted every Thursday.
We’re praying that the Lord would use this season to bless our families and to stir our affections for Christ.